Monday, October 10, 2011

A Message From Your Blogger

I've been looking around this blog lately and it sort of sucks...Especially when it comes to my movie reviews, which are sentimental garbage and suffer from painfully extensive plot summaries and superfluous screen caps. So, I think it's time Popped Density went in for some liposuction and a face lift.*

You see, there's this blog I read, and the writer is doing a John Hughes retrospective. I have a very uneasy feeling that he will soon be taking a steaming dump on top of my favorite JH movie, Some Kind of Wonderful. I'm going on the offense and writing my own insightful, intelligent, critical (and yes, probably still insufferably sentimental) review of this movie before he can sink his fangs into it and suck it dry.

Some Kind of Wonderful will be my guinea pig. If I like what I do, then I'll continue to write my reviews this way...and probably fix the ones I've written. But if I don't like this new style, I have every right to go back to the good ol' way. Savvy?

Review to follow...

*Yes...still trying to find a layout that doesn't aggravate me within two weeks.

1 comment:

Andrew Testerman said...

Well, the good news is that you probably have until the Chicago Film Festival ends on the 20th; what with new releases, umpteen arty flicks, and a random Edgar Allen Poe retrospective, you'll probably have a fair amount of time to break out the arsenal.