Tuesday, July 5, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 27

Day 27 - A Song You Discovered After Everyone Else


"Halo" - Beyonce, I Am... Sasha Fierce (2008) 


I've always been a little slow on the musical uptake. It's usually due to a friend's mix CD that I'm ever introduced to new music. And by then, the tune is yesterday's news. Now, there was a time in my life that I reveled in liking moldy oldies, but then I started to feel left behind. It all came to a head in spring of 2010 when somehow (seriously, I don't remember) I heard Beyonce's Top 5 ballad and was shocked to discover that it was more than a year old. Oh the shame!


I decided to keep an ear open from then on. I have since religiously scoured the Billboard charts for rising hits and faithfully downloaded each #1 hit...no matter how much it pains me. (Black and yellow, black and yellow, black and yellow...)


As for "Halo" itself, this was one of my bigger favorites of the year. The song is about a formerly jilted woman who has found a pure and, if you will, angelic love. Easily one of the best love songs out there.

1 comment:

Andrew Testerman said...

You know what it iiiiisssssss!