Wednesday, July 27, 2011

30 Day Movie Challenge - Day 10

Day 10 - An Action Movie


I'm really showing my vag on this one. I don't like action movies. There, I said it. Now, I enjoy action scenes as long as they are merited. A whole movie made up of BOOM, ZIFF, SNUH! is not what I call a good time. I like story and character and dialogue and action without these is as bland and unsatisfying as cream cheese without calories. Knowing my distaste for straight up action movies, (fantasy, sci-fi, and superhero movies are their own genres) I've successfully avoided those atypical Jean Claude Van Damme-esque festivals of ass kicking. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the only freakin' straight up action movie I can remember watching...


Wanted (2008)


I was secretly in love with this guy who wanted to see it. So I went with him...and a group of other people. No, no, this wasn't a date but I got to sit next to him in the theater. It was totally worth the $7.25 and complete boredom.


I literally remember nothing other than images from the trailer--the bending bullets, Angelina Jolie getting out of the water with her back tattoos on display--so here is a synopsis from IMDb: Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy) is a everyman office worker, depressed by his life and cheating whore girlfriend. Then he meets Fox (Angelina Jolie) a sexy professional killer who belongs to an ancient society called the Fraternity. Members of the Fraternity have special powers which allow them to move bullets and stuff. Turns out Wesley's dad also belonged to this society and passed his powers onto his son. With Fox's training, Wesley means to take revenge on Cross (Thomas Kretschmann) a former fraternity member gone rogue and killer of Wesley's papa. Also, Morgan Freeman is in it.


What can I say about Wanted? Nothing. I remember nothing, not even the other people who went with me to see it. (Were you there, Andrew?) All I can say is, I'm the subversion of a cliche. Usually it's the guy who follows the hottie to a chick flick in the vain hope of getting some. The door swings both ways, folks.


Also, James McAvoy is hot.






You're welcome, ladies.



No comments: