Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 7

Day 7 - A Song That Reminds You of a Certain Event

"Touch Me (I Want Your Body)" - Samantha Fox, Touch Me (1986)

In my junior year of college, I helped run a short film festival with a guy I was in love with. We spent hours upon hours upon HOURS trying to put this damn thing together, which was exceptionally difficult for me, considering how ass over head I was in love with him. The nights were long, occaisionally drunken, and due to the insurmountable time spent together, we developed a rather palpable sexual tension.

The night before the festival, he and I walked around the entire campus taping promotional flyers to every dorm room door. Riddled with sleep deprivation, lack of sexual release, and a little bit of a hangover, I kept singing "Touch Me" by Samantha Fox. For those of you who don't know this wonderful 80's one hit wonder, it's basically 1986's "Rude Boy" by Rihanna.

I was completely loopy to be singing aloud my innermost needs and desires but I was beyond caring. The guy realized how in need of sleep I was, so he kindly let me sleep in his bed for a few hours. But that's another story...

In summation, "Touch Me" = the night before the Charlies.

No comments: