Monday, June 13, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 11

Day 11 - A Drinking Song

"Just Dance" - Lady Gaga feat. Colby O'Donis, The Fame (2008)

Being a fan of country music, there are a million songs I could have picked for this category. But I didn't want to go the "tear in my beer" route. I wanted something happy and peppy and something I've actually listened to while getting sloshed.

Before turning 21, I'll admit to imbibing a few spirits now and then, but it was always at cast parties and special occaisions. I could never be considered a "party girl" even by the good folks at Dateline NBC. But when I did turn 21 in March 2009, I went a little crazy. Coincidentally, this was shortly after Lady Gaga's debut single went Number 1.

"Just Dance" became my favorite track off of The Fame because it basically gave me permission to be an irresponsible alcoholic for a month. It was a pretty crazy time in my life (Touch me! Touch me! I wanna feel your body...) and this song, for better or worse, made me comfortable with it. As long as I kept on dancing, everything would work itself out.

No comments: