Sunday, June 12, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 10

Day 10 - A Relaxing Song

"Comfortably Numb" - Pink Floyd, The Wall (1979)

My dad, being the classic rock fanatic that he is, played a lot of Pink Floyd. In fact, when I was in junior high, he went through a BIG FUCKING PHASE with Pink Floyd, causing me to resent the band and all its endeavors.

Fast forward to 2010. I'm in the middle of writing my young adult novel set in 1981. I need a good song for my characters to smoke a doobie to. This song comes to mind. I make sure that it was actually released before the setting of my book and then have a listen. It works perfectly. And then...I start to like it. DUN DUN DUN!!!!

This is a great song, not my usual steaz but fuck, I love it. If I need to calm down, I just play it and I'm instantly transported on a floating wave of indifference and serenity. Perfect for sleep...and maybe getting high in a van.

1 comment:

Andrew Testerman said...

Ground control to Major Tom...