Sunday, May 16, 2010

Book Survey...because I need a break from writing.

1) What author do you own the most books by?
Judy Blume. I own pretty much everything of hers except her picture books and the ones concerning Fudge.

2) What book do you own the most copies of?
I own two copies of Wuthering Heights, but I wish I owned more.

3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No, real people end their sentences in prepositions all the time.

4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
I will always carry a pedophilic torch for Jeff Davidson from the Linda Series.

5) What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children; i.e., Goodnight Moon does not count)?
It's a tie between Wuthering Heights and Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
We Hate Everything But Boys.


7) What is the worst book you've read in the past year?
I never finish bad books.

8) What is the best book you've read in the past year?
Wuthering Heights.

9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be?
I don't think there is a book in existence that EVERYONE would like, so I wouldn't force it on anyone. However, I think most teenage girls could only benefit from reading Forever... by Judy Blume.





10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for Literature?
Judy Blume. There. I said it.

11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is begging for a remake. A non-musical, non-Gregory Maguire inspired remake.

12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie? 
You know, I love movies, so I can't think of a novel I like that I wouldn't want to see on the big screen.

13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
Once I dreamt I was a hobbit as was my current object of affection. But I think this was more movie inspired.

14) What is the most lowbrow book you've read as an adult?
Want to Trade Two Brothers for a Cat? by Linda Lewis

15) What is the most difficult book you've ever read?

Night by Elie Weisel. I had to read it in 8th grade English. Most depressing two months ever.


16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you've seen?
I've never seen a Shakespeare play, but I 've been in Hamlet (which was pretty standard) and then I played Celia in a modernized western version of As You Like It. Yeah...here's a picture for proof.





17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
I don't know, but it seems I would like French more.

18) Roth or Updike?
I like the Witches of Eastwick...movie.

19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
????

20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
Shakespeare.

21) Austen or Eliot?
Austen has better films.

22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
I haven't actually read any Dickens or Austen.

23) What is your favorite novel? 
Wuthering Heights.


24) Play?
Damn, I really like Peter Pan.

25) Poem?
The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.

26) Essay?
I am not scholarly.

27) Short Story?
"The Company of Wolves" by Angela Carter

28) Work of nonfiction?
Anything to do with film history.

29) Who is your favorite writer?
Judy Blume.

30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
Ooh, anyone who uses the same plot over and over again and just changes the character names.

31) What is your desert island book?

Wuthering Heights yet again.

32) And... what are you reading right now?

The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell. Not enough sex.


No comments: